You have a file that you wish to upload to my.wbs but it is of an unusual type. When you try to upload the file you receive an error message similar to that below
In order to upload the file we will first convert it to a zip file. This can then be uploaded to my.wbs. Other users can then download the file, unzip it (using Windows XP or free software that is commonly available) and use your original file.
These instructions assume you are using Windows XP. Other users should search the Internet for advice on zipping files if they are not already able to do this.
- Click Start > My Computer and navigate to the file you wish to upload
- Select the file by clicking it once. Right click and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder
- This produces a zipped copy of the original file in the same location
- You can now upload the zipped file in the same way as you would a more regular file
- It is possible to have new file types added to those that can be directly uploaded to my.wbs. If you regularly upload certain filetypes to my.wbs and you think they should be allowed in their native format please contact the Helpdesk to let us know.
If you have any comments or questions about this tip sheet please contact the Helpdesk on email@example.com