When you use your WBS laptop away from the campus you receive a message asking you to enter your password whenever you try to connect to the Internet. The message is similar to ‘connect to wwwcache.warwick.ac.uk’.
The username and password that is required here is your central IT Services one. You can stop the message appearing however by doing the following. If this causes any problems with your Internet connection then you should undo these steps.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools > Internet Options …
- Click the Connections tab
- Click the LAN Settings… button
- Untick / uncheck the ‘Automatically detect settings’ box
- Click OK twice and try connecting to the Internet again
If you have any comments / questions about this tip-sheet please contact the Helpdesk on email@example.com