Skip to main content Skip to navigation

News and events

Select tags to filter on

Another successful Indian summer...

We are delighted to report back on another successful summer, cementing the strong partnership between the University of Warwick and the Laksh Foundation NGO.

Sixteen student volunteers from across the University travelled to India this summer to live and work at Laksh and made a significant contribution to the lives of over 1000 young learners in rural communities in India.

Wed 23 Oct 2019, 15:50

2018 Impact Report online now!

"The continued involvement of the Warwick Volunteers helps us to improve. They have made me comfortable in my teaching, my confidence has improved and their patient help has made feel that I have the ability to be a good teacher." Mustafa, teacher

Read more about our acheivements in 2018 in our annual report.

Fri 08 Feb 2019, 16:34

Celebrating another summer in India

We are delighted to report back on another successful summer of activity in rural India.

Twelve student volunteers from across the University travelled to India this summer to live and work at the Laksh Foundation, an NGO in Haryana, India.

Wed 03 Oct 2018, 14:00 | Tags: warwick-in-india

Outstanding Student Contribution Award for Warwick Laksh Programme Volunteer

The University’s Outstanding Student Contribution Award (OSCA) aims to recognise exceptional student achievements and is a celebration of individuals whose efforts have made a real difference and a significant contribution to a community.

We are pleased to announce that OSCA has been awarded to Hasan Suida, a former volunteer and associate of the Warwick Laksh Programme. Hasan, who recently was awarded his degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, has undertaken two placements in India at the Laksh Foundation on behalf of the programme.

Fri 24 Aug 2018, 13:30 | Tags: warwick-in-india

Warwick Laksh says a big thank you to the Sri Guru Ravidass Sabha, Bedford

The Warwick Laksh Programme has received a pledge for a donation of £2,000 from the Sri Guru Ravidass Sabha community organisation in Bedford.

Sat 14 Oct 2017, 09:00 | Tags: warwick-in-india