To provide scholarships for financially disadvantaged Singaporeans, enabling them to pursue an international undergraduate degree at the University of Warwick. These undergraduate scholarships for academically able yet low income Singaporeans will ensure that they too can fulfil their true potential in an international context at Warwick.
- Gautam Banerjee, Chairman, Blackstone Singapore Pte Ltd, Warwick alumnus
- Weiling Chua, Business Development Director at Ho Bee Holdings Pte Ltd,Warwick alumna
- Jean Foo, Director, Tai Ji Food & Beverage Co Ltd, Warwick alumna
- Tim Hartnoll, Chairman, Sea Consortium, Warwick alumnus
- Manraj Sekhon, Warwick alumnus
- Sharada Selvanathan, Manager, GoodHope Asia Holdings Ltd, Warwick alumna
- Gary Harvey, CEO & Director, Nexus Financial Services Pte Ltd, Warwick alumnus
- Rachel Sandby-Thomas, University Registrar and COO
The Trust has raised in excess of SGD $375,000, which has allowed the funding of the first two scholarships for students beginning their studies in the academic year 2016/17.
The Trust has been set up to enable Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to make tax efficient donations. Singaporeans will be able to benefit from 250% tax relief on the value of their gifts.
The mission of these scholarships promotes four of the six major pillars of the Singapore Government’s new social compact: intervention in education, skills future for everyone, redistribution to temper life’s inequalities and encouraging community support.
What if you could help someone reach Warwick?
Imagine how you would feel if you could give someone the gift of a Warwick education. Picture them on campus, surrounded by a cosmopolitan community of 170 nationalities, immersed in a vibrant academic and social life, flourishing as they develop their true potential.
We take a holistic approach to education, supporting academic achievement and personal development. Our students are encouraged to get involved with volunteering activities and are provided with plentiful opportunities to explore social and cultural activities.
Scholarships provide financial support and pastoral provision for academically excellent students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
Our friends and alumni in Singapore have established a scholarship scheme via The Friends of the University of Warwick in Singapore Trust. Scholarship recipients could benefit from up to $50,000 SGD per year. Your gift could help deserving young Singaporeans to get the first class education that will be the foundation of their future careers.
Warwick is a place of infinite possibility, ready to harness the energy, imagination and potential, of outstanding minds. What if you could help someone get there?
Donate tax-efficiently now
There are a number of ways to make your tax-efficient gift today:
Online Bank Transfer
- Please fill out this form which includes all of the requirements for IRAS and submit it to us for processing.
- On receipt of the form we will provide you with details of the bank account for the Friends of the University of Warwick in Singapore to which you can make a direct bank transfer.
- Please fill out the same form as above, but send a cheque with the donation directly to:
Friends of the University of Warwick in Singapore
C/O Jocelyn Gee
Blackstone Singapore Pte Ltd
10 Marina Boulevard
Marina Bay Financial Centre, Tower 2, #13-01
In order to apply for a tax deduction you are required to provide us with your identification number (e.g. NRIC/FIN/UEN) when making a donation. A tax deduction will then be automatically reflected in your tax assessment based on the information we provide to IRAS.
Alternatively, you can make a donation directly to the University using our online donation form, however, please note that this would not be tax-efficient.
If you’re a Singaporean student, you can find out more here about the scholarships here.