Data Protection Consent Statement – Warwick in Africa
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I consent to the University of Warwick using my personal data for the purpose of programme administration, evaluation, promotion, fundraising and publicity relating to the Warwick in Africa programme.
I understand and agree that the University of Warwick is the data controller and it will process my personal data for the above purpose and I consent to the following:
1. The University will process photographs, case studies, film footage, quotes and personal details provided during application for and participation in the programme for the above purpose
2. Store my contact details on its student and alumni database in case the University needs to contact me for the above mentioned purpose.
3. Share my contact details with other programme participants where necessary for delivery of the programme and service providers for the purpose of programme administration.
4. Process my personal data within the EEA.
5. Retain my full personal data for a period of 1 year for administration related to the programme, and retain a reduced set of personal data on our alumuni database for ongoing fundraising and engagement relating to the programme.
6. The University will only disclose my personal data to third parties, including outside the EAA for administration of the programme, where there is a lawful basis.
7. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing warwickinafrica at warwick dot ac dot uk
8. Your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
The University will hold your personal data securely and keep it confidential at all times. The legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the legislation.
For current Warwick Students or Alumni please also refer to the University Privacy Notices at https://warwick.ac.uk/services/idc/dataprotection/privacynotices/studentprivacynotice/
Questions, comments and requests regarding your personal data should be addressed to gdpr at warwick dot ac dot uk.
This consent form and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.