We're looking for Warwick Students to spend summer 2020 helping teachers in Ghana, South Africa or Tanzania. Apply below...
Warwick in Africa (WiA) offers placements of up to seven weeks helping teach either Maths or English to young people in one of our partner schools. We provide training and guidance to help you to maximise your impact in the classroom and enable you to inspire young people about the power of education.
Who can apply?
You need to be a current student at Warwick (undergraduate or postgraduate) or have previously volunteered with WiA and can demonstrate:
- A passion for teaching and transferable teaching skills
- Resilience and flexibility
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-motivation and a hard working attitude
- Ability to work well in a team and get on with people from a range of backgrounds
- Good knowledge of Maths or English language and literature. Confident to teach either Maths or English up to UK A level standard
When? Summer 2020 (exact dates will be confirmed later)
Where? We work in 24 secondary schools across Ghana, South Africa and Tanzania
Cost? Places on the programme are fully funded so all your costs are covered, but you will be expected to meet a personal fundraising target of £1,000.
Can you go the extra mile? We're also looking for a small number of Team Leaders to play a crucial role in helping us to deliver the 2020 programme. Read more about the position here and answer the optional questions at the bottom of the form if you wish to be considered.
Worried about Fundraising? Don't be! It is completely doable. If you have genuine concerns about your ability to meet the target due to extenuating circumstances email warwickinafrica at warwick dot ac dot uk and we will be happy to talk it through with you.