Would you like to:
- Participate in a European project with prestigious universities?
- Work with students from abroad?
- Promote different career opportunities at EUTOPIA universities and in the regions of EUTOPIA universities on your university campus?
- Improve your CV and acquire new skills and competences?
We are looking for three motivated, enthusiastic students to promote EUTOPIA Career opportunities in our universities
- one Lead Ambassador and two Assistant Ambassadors
EUTOPIA is an alliance of leading universities in Europe (CY Cergy Paris University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, University of Warwick, University of Gothenburg, Universitat Pompeu Fabra Barcelona and University of Ljubljana) whose joint mission is to build a distinctive, daring and driven alliance of transformative and engaged institutions:
- To produce challenge-driven research and teaching
- To prepare empowered European graduate employment
- To lead regional and international involvement
- To support diversity, inclusivity and widening citizenship
As part of the experience, you will be able to:
- Find out more about career opportunities at EUTOPIA universities and in the countries of EUTOPIA universities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build a student network across Europe
- Gain work experience during your studies that will give your CV extra weight
- Develop your intercultural and employability skills
- Receive training and coaching from the assigned mentor at your university throughout the role
- Have the opportunity to get experience in working in an international team
What does an Ambassador do?
- Promote career opportunities at EUTOPIA universities
- Serve as the student connection at the university for career services and opportunities from EUTOPIA countries
- Help the Careers staff team and facilitate the organisation of career opportunities related events, workshops and presentations related to internships and employability within EUTOPIA universities and countries from which the EUTOPIA universities come
- Collect information and possibilities on employability and career issues for newsletters and social media
- Attend Career Ambassador meetings and workshops home and abroad (meetings abroad attended by the Lead Ambassador only)
- Prepare reports on activities undertaken, reflecting on learning and making recommendations
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated students who will act as a point of contact for students interested in career opportunities and have the following competences:
- Curious: willingness to learn, share and open to new ideas
- Creative and reliable
- Strong communication skills - verbally and in writing
- Good knowledge (level B) of English
- Work well in a multicultural environment
- Willing to collaborate
- Supporting the arrangement of a minimum of five Careers workshops during the 3 years of the project (online and offline)
- Communicate on a regular basis with other Careers Ambassadors at your university
- Participate in online and offline workshops, meetings and other training offered
How to apply
Please e-mail Anne Wilson, Head of Careers A.E.Wilson@warwick.ac.uk attaching a CV and an outline of why you would like to be considered for the role and what you would bring to it. Please answer the following questions: c200 words per question.
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What would you personally hope to contribute to the project?
- What particular skills and qualities do you bring? (please provide supporting evidence of these).
- How would you hope to benefit from this opportunity?
Applicants who are successfully shortlisted will take part in an online interview with the Head of Careers and a member of the EUTOPIA team at Warwick.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Friday 26th June 4.00pm.