Funding and timelines:
The Student-led Activity Fund is designed to support Monash and Warwick students to initiate and lead on collaborative activities and projects.
- £5,000 for expenses incurred by Warwick students
- $10,000 for expenses incurred by Monash students
Successful projects will have a maximum duration of 12 months.
Applications can be submitted at any point during the year.
Examples of supported activities:
- Academic events (e.g. summits, student conferences);
- Cultural and intercultural activities, including sporting events;
- Skills development activities and events.
- A minimum of two applicants (lead applicant and co-applicant) from each university per application is required. Lead students will be accountable for the delivery of the initiative and for the oversight and acquittal of project expenditure.
- All applicants must be current students of Monash University and the University of Warwick who will remain enrolled during the proposed activity, or elected members of Students’ Union/Student Associations.
- Applications can be made by individual student groups/teams or by student organisations.
- Cost of materials and publicity related to the project;
- Event hosting costs including venue hire and catering (with the expectation that Monash or Warwick venues will be used);
- Accommodation and Economy class travel, where necessary, directly to the location relevant to the project proposal (normally a Monash or Warwick campus unless there is demonstrated relevance of another location);
- Other costs that are demonstrated in the proposal to be directly related to the delivery of the activity.
The Alliance will not typically fund:
- Infrastructure and equipment;
- Conference registrations and travel/accommodation costs related to non-Alliance events;
- Costs already incurred prior to submission of the proposal;
- Payments to students for participation in initiatives;
- Travel or catering deemed excessive to the needs of the project;
- Personal costs of project participants that would normally be incurred with or without this project;
- Cost not itemised in the project budget, unless variation is authorised by the Alliance in advance.
How to apply:
A single application form should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must include:
- Completed application form and budget tables;
- Statements of support from a members of academic or administrative staff at each university.
Do you have an idea but nobody to collaborate with at Monash?
If so, then complete our Expression of Interest Form and we'll help to connect you to students at Monash.