Below is a round-up of events and opening hours on campus over the Christmas break:
Events on (and close to) campus
Looking for something to do on campus during the vacation? Meet Santa’s Helper at the Arts Centre bus stop and join in the fun:
- Monday 16 December- Christmas Supper, £5, 6pm, book online: places are limited.
- Tuesday 24 December – Trip to Stratford-Upon-Avon. Leave from the bus stop by the Arts Centre at 10am, leaving Stratford-Upon-Avon at 3pm. Cost: £10 for transport. Buy tickets in advance, either at the Christmas Supper on Monday 16 December or from the Chaplaincy on Monday 23 December between 11am and 12noon or between 2pm and 3pm. Places are limited.
- Wednesday 25 December - 12noon to 4pm, films and board games in the Chaplaincy.
- Thursday 26 December – 11am, trip to Coventry Roller Rink and Disco. Meet at Arts Centre bus stop at 10:45am with money for the bus and for skate hire.
- Friday 27 December - 2pm to 5pm, films and board games in the Chaplaincy.
- Saturday 28 December – Meet at 3:45pm to buy tickets, Film: ‘Saving Mr. Banks’, Warwick Arts Centre
- Sunday 29 December – 2pm to 5pm Films and board games in the Chaplaincy.
- Monday 30 December – Shopping trip to Bicester Village. Buy tickets in advance, either at the Christmas Supper on Monday 16 December or from the Chaplaincy on Monday 22 December between 11am and 12noon or between 2pm and 3pm, or at one of the other Chaplaincy events listed above if places are still available. Cost: £10 for transport, places are limited. Leave from the bus stop by the Arts Centre at 11am, leaving Bicester Village at 4pm.
- Tuesday 31 December – Frisbee University House field, 2pm to 4pm.
- Wednesday 1 January - Films and board games in the Chaplaincy from 2pm to 5pm.
Most of the above events are organised by the International Office for all students staying on campus during the Christmas vacation. Email e dot lim at warwick dot ac dot uk for more information. You can also join the 'Warwick students remaining on campus' Facebook group to meet other students over the holidays.
Campus Shuttle Bus Service
The shuttlebus services will cease at the end of Monday 23 December 2013 and will recommence on the morning of Thursday 2 January 2014.
Local bus services
The Travel De Courcey University buses will run as usual up to Monday 23 December, then stop until Thursday 2 January 2014. You can find out about the two other main bus companies in our area on their websites:
Students' Post Room
The Student Post Room will close at 15:00 on Monday 23 December 2013 and reopen at 10:30 on Thursday 2 January 2014 for students to collect their parcels.
Main Post Room
The Main Post Room will close at 16:15 on Monday 23 December 2013 and reopen at 08:00 on Thursday 2 January 2014.
Please have a look at all the library spaces opening hours online.
The Learning Grid, University House
Open daily, 24/7. Closed on Christmas day (25 December).
The Learning Grid, Rootes
Closes Friday 6 December. Reopens Monday 6 January 2014.
Leamington Learning Grid
Closes Friday 20 December. Reopens Thursday 2 January 2014.
Student Reception, Senate House
Closes 11pm Monday 23 December. Open from 10am to 6pm from 27 December to 1 January. Reopens with normal hours from Wednesday 2 January 2014.
Open daily from 7am – 10.30pm. DVD player, TV and facilities to make hot drinks. A warm, friendly envivonment to meet up with other students. Open to all.
The IT Help Desk, Library drop-in service and out of hours service, will be closed from 5.30pm on Monday 23 December 2013 and will re-open Thursday 2 January 2014. You can log calls using the online self-service facility, and they'll be dealt with when the help desk reopens. In the event of an emergency call Security on ext. 22083.
Warwick Retail cafes and Costcutters
The Warwick Retail website details all opening hours for cafes around Campus as well as Costcutter.
Student Union food and drink outlets
- The SU building will be closing for Christmas on Friday 20 December, reopening on Thursday 2 January 2014. The building will also be closed all day Friday 13 December for staff training.
Terrace Bar: Closed from Saturday 7 December except for private bookings.
The Dirty Duck: Monday 9 - Wed 11 December: open Noon-11pm. Thursday 12 December: open 6pm-11pm. Monday 16 – Thursday 19 December: open Noon-11pm. Reopens Friday 3 January 2014: Noon-late.
Xananas: Open Mon-Thurs, 9-19 December: 9am-9pm. Reopens Friday 3 January 2014: 9am-10pm.
Curiositea: Open Mon-Thurs 9-19 December: 9am-5pm. Reopens Saturday 4 January 2014: 9am-5pm.
The Bread Oven: Open Mon-Thurs 9-19 December Noon-2:30pm. Reopens Monday 6 January 2014: 11:30am-3pm.
Many sports facilities are open during the holidays. Have a look at the poster online which includes details of opening hours.