Many of us are surgically attached to our phones. They're your address book, email account, digital camera, online banking system, and, in some swanky cases, your credit/debit card.
So if you have a smartphone or tablet, make sure you protect yourself:
- Never leave your phone or tablet unattended in a public place
- Be aware of who is around you when you're using your phone to view personal data or entering account details of any kind
- Put a password or pin on your phone or tablet and set it to auto-lock after a certain period of time
- When doing online banking and shopping, always log out and don't select the "remember me" function
- Use mobile device protection that provides anti-theft, anti-malware/antivirus, app protection and web protection.
More info on how to protect your identity and information is available at: warwick.ac.uk/gov/informationsecurity