Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Lord Rootes Fund Application Form

*Please complete and submit the form below, attaching your video in the relevant section.*

*Applicant (or lead applicant for groups)*

Please choose one of the following tracks:

  • Develop Yourself – for projects focusing primarily on personal development and challenge. This might include arts or cultural initiatives, activities focused on education and/or outreach or campus/community projects that have a positive impact on you and your proposed beneficiaries.
  • Develop Your Idea – for those looking to develop a new business venture or social enterprise idea and who are looking for proof of concept funding.

Please provide details of your team including the a summary of the personal skills and attributes that the applicant(s) have which are relevant to carrying out the project.

Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply only for the minimum level of funding they need to carry out the project, rather than to apply automatically for the maximum available, particularly in view of the current financial situation.

Please provide a financial summary for your project/venture.  This should include:

  • the main costs of delivering the project
  • any costs relating to travel and accommodation
  • subsistence (food and other living costs)
  • any insurance costs
  • any other funding either awarded or applied for (including funds you intend to contribute yourself).

Successful applicants will be expected to submit receipts and a final budget with their completed project reports.

If successful, applicants will be required to comply with the Lord Rootes Fund Regulations. One of the conditions within the Regulations is that successful applicants will normally be paid 80% of their award before starting their project. Award holders must undertake to supply a report of their project and the remaining 20% of the grant will be paid only if the Committee judges that the report is satisfactory.

Please submit a short video about your project. The requirements for the video are:

  • video length not exceeding 120 seconds (2 minutes)
  • file size not exceeding 250 megabytes
  • file format is either mp4, mov, mpeg, mpg or avi
  • the quality and content of your proposal will be considered, rather than the production quality of the sound and video.

If you have any problems submitting your attachments, please contact

Attach file
No files are currently attached.

*Please note*: The referee should be a member of staff with whom you have discussed the project before applying. Please ask your referee to send their reference to the Lord Rootes Fund Secretary via email -

Confirmation of Fund Regulation 1(d): (required)
Privacy notice

The data on this form relates to the submission of your application to the Lord Rootes Fund. The date and time of your submission, your identity and the additional information and documents you have submitted will all be stored, but will not be used for any purpose other than administering the Lord Rootes Fund.

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. If you wish to submit a data subjects rights request, make a complaint or report a suspected personal data breach, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer by email at

Spam prevention

Failure to load reCAPTCHA

reCAPTCHA is a utility used to verify you're not a robot filling out this form. Unfortunately this has failed to load correctly.

Please try reloading the page. If the problem persists, or if you are in a country which blocks Google products, please contact us by using the ‘page contact’ link at the foot of this page.