Date: Monday 18 September 2006
Venue: Lecture Room 4, Science Building
This dedicated session focuses on a key part of successful job hunting - advanced CV and cover letter writing skills.
The session will:
- Greatly improve your chances of getting through the initial screening so vital in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive market
- Help you understand your transferable skills so important when changing specific roles or sectors
- Give you the tools to structure your CV and match transferable skills to specific roles
- Give you do's and don'ts to remember and the importance of the cover letter
- Enable you to take these skills away with you for use in the future
Experience with previous MBS students shows that they are very pleased with the improvements they make in rewriting and refocusing their CV following the session.
In preparation for attending this event, it is advisable for students to compile their own CV and a dummy cover letter as this will enable them to gain the most out of the demanding session.
Because of the interactive nature of this workshop, places are limited to 50 people only therefore places are on a first come first served basis.
For further details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 24117.