On Saturday, 5th March, 36 post-graduate students from the participating institutions including 7 students for Warwick participated in a workshop at the University of Oxford.
Six participants from the ‘workplace’ also took part in the day. These were:
- Jake Backus – Sustainability Consultant and previously customer sustainability Director Coca-Cola Europe
- Angela Baker – Deputy Director, health and wellbeing, Public Health England
- Rosina Borrelli – Food Educationalist specialist in pre-school feeding and the foundations of food culture
- Hannah Fenton – Manager, Good Food Oxford
- Gavin Milligan – Group Sustainability Director at William Jackson Food
- James Campbell – Chief Executive, Garden Organic
At the start of the day the participants took part in an icebreaker activity to introduce themselves and this was followed by a very interesting and enjoyable session on ‘Influencing and negotiating’ led by the facilitator for the day, Becky Hall. At the end of this session, groups of students each developed a pitch based on a scenario provided by the workplace participants.
After lunch several of the students, including Elspeth Ransom and Catherine Price from Warwick, made excellent presentations on their own research and this was followed by a series of short presentations and small group discussions with the workplace representatives.
Finally the student groups made an excellent series of pitches based on the workplace scenarios they had developed earlier in the day.