If you are a year 12 student looking for information about the University of Warwick’s access programme, please click here for further information.
The Warwick Scholars Bursary is supported by charitable donations from graduates and friends of the University, and they offer financial support, new opportunities, and more. There is already a community of 65 scholars at Warwick for you to join, with a commitment of more places next academic year.
The Warwick Scholars Programme offers:
- Opportunities for personal and professional development. Through a programme of activities and opportunities, delivered alongside their studies, Warwick Scholars are offered priority access to events, activities and opportunities as well programme specific inputs to enhance their student experience and enable them to get in, get on and give back.
Areas of opportunity covered by Warwick Scholars include:
- Health, wellbeing and support
- Academic support and study skills
- Careers development and networking
- Community engagement and giving back
- Internships, placements and study abroad opportunities
- Work opportunities
- Exclusive social activities, trips and events
- Warwick Scholars student led activities and inputs
- Extra support and advice. From enhanced access to Warwick Alumni, employers and even fellow scholars, every scholar will have a unique opportunities for support and guidance at Warwick. The Warwick Scholars Programme provides on-going academic, personal and professional support, with opportunities including internships, mentoring and cultural experiences. This will enable scholars to achieve their personal and professional potential, at Warwick and beyond.
- Potentially eligible for the Warwick Scholars Bursary (in the form of a £2000 cash bursary) per year for each year of your course
(see eligibility below).
- Additional bursary. Each scholar will also be able to apply for an additional bursary that can be used to cover the cost of undertaking an internship in the summer (or to pursue another extra-curricular opportunity).
Who is eligible for the Warwick Scholars Programme?
In order to be eligible, you must commence your studies at the University directly from local authority care or have been fully engaged in one of the following Outreach Programmes:
- Priority for the Warwick Scholars bursary will be given to Care Leavers and then to scholars from backgrounds where the household income is less than £35,001 per annum. (Many scholars are the first in their families to go to university. Typically, our scholars come from backgrounds where the household income is £25,000 or less). Household income is assessed via the means-tested financial assessment carried out by Student Finance England.
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay fees at the home rate
- Have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate course at Warwick starting in October 2019
- Have not previously studied for a first degree
- Be eligible for both the tuition fee and maintenance loan, even if they have not taken out one or other of these loans
How do I apply?
If you satisfy the required criteria listed above, then you don't need to do anything.
Following results day, your personal information will be sent to us automatically via the Outreach Programme you are participating in. When you have accepted your place to study with us here at Warwick you will be sent an invitation to join the Warwick Scholars Undergraduate Programme by the programme coordinator and asked to accept you place by sign the Warwick Scholars Student Agreement.
You will also be considered by a panel of University representatives and assessed for the Warwick Scholars Bursary. This bursary will be awarded on the basis of financial need (based on your household income), academic performance and participation in the relevant Outreach Programme. To be able to be considered for this bursary it is vital that your household income is verified by Student Finance England and so you must be assessed for student funding support (Tuition Fees and Maintenance Loans). If you have any questions about this please email us at WarwickScholars@warwick.ac.uk.
You will be able to hold a Warwick Scholars Bursary at the same time as a bursary from the Warwick Undergraduate Scholarships and Bursaries programme, however you will not be able to hold any other scholarship or bursary award concurrently.
Should you have any queries about the Warwick Scholars Programme please contact warwickscholars at warwick dot ac dot uk