Applications to the Warwick Scholars Programme for the 2017-18 academic year are now closed.
The Warwick Scholars Programme is supported by charitable donations from graduates and friends of the University, and they offer financial support, new opportunities, and more. There is already a community of 50 scholars at Warwick for you to join, with a commitment of more places next academic year.
The Warwick Scholars Programme offers:
• Financial assistance of £2,000 (in the form of a cash bursary) per year for each year of your course. Each scholar will also be able to apply for an additional bursary that can be used to cover the cost of undertaking an internship in the summer (or to pursue another extra-curricular opportunity).
• Opportunities for personal and professional development. Each scholar will be invited to take part in other activities organised by the University to enhance their Warwick experience.
• Extra support and advice. From personal tutors to Warwick Alumni and even fellow scholars, every scholar will have unique opportunities for support and guidance at Warwick.
In addition to financial support, we recognise that students eligible for a scholarship may require on-going academic, personal and professional support, which includes internships, mentoring and cultural opportunities. This will enable the scholars to achieve their personal and professional potential, at Warwick and beyond.
Who is eligible for the Warwick Scholars Programme?
In order to be eligible, you must commence your studies at the University directly from local authority care or have been fully engaged in one of the following Outreach Programmes:
• Priority is given to Care Leavers and then to scholars from backgrounds where the household income is less than £35,001 per annum. (Many scholars are the first in their families to go to university. Typically, our scholars come from backgrounds where the household income is £25,000 or less).
• Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible to pay fees at the home rate
• Have firmly accepted an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate course at Warwick starting in October 2017
• Have not previously studied for a first degree
• Be entitled to a maintenance loan.
If you satisfy all of the criteria listed, your personal information will be sent to us automatically via the Outreach Programme you are participating in.
All you need to do is email and state your interest. Please send your email with the subject line ‘Warwick Scholars Programme’ to scholars at warwick dot ac dot uk and attach your statement. Statements should be no longer than one side of A4 paper. Applications will be considered by a panel of University representatives and scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, academic performance and participation in the relevant Outreach Programme.
You will be able to hold a Warwick Scholars award at the same time as a bursary from the Warwick Undergraduate Scholarships and Bursaries programme, however you will not be able to hold any other scholarship or bursary award concurrently.
Should you have any queries about the Warwick Scholars Programme please contact scholars at warwick dot ac dot uk