Vevox: An introduction
Vevox is a Personal Response System (PRS) which enables responsive teaching, peer and active learning. The tool allows you to run live polls, surveys and Q&A in a session and responses can be shared with the audience in real-time and/or analysed as data sets afterwards. Participants simply access Vevox via a URL and by entering a unique session ID. For regular users, Apple and Android apps are available from their app stores. The tool can be used for both on campus and online sessions and in combination with other technology.
This session is aimed at teaching and tutoring staff, especially of large cohorts.
- What is a PRS?
- Use cases
- Getting a Vevox account
- Navigating the dashboard
- Creating a Vevox meeting
- Creating activities: polls, Q&A and surveys
- Settings for meetings and activities
- Using the PowerPoint plugin
- Vevox from an audience (student) perspective
- Accessing Vevox data
- How to get technical support
- How to get pedagogical support