- Ensuring the property meets the Accreditation and Licensing standards* for properties.
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance during the tenancy. For a small administration fee, we will organise repairs. This includes specifying and ordering work and paying contractors’ invoices
- Arranging Electrical Safety Inspections when due and an annual PAT test of all portable appliances.
- Paying of water and sewage rates
- Insuring the property
- Paying Income Tax. If you’re intending to be non-resident during the period of the lease, you should complete the relevant Inland Revenue and Customs application forms for approval to receive rent with no tax deducted.
- Continued payment of your mortgage. If your property is subject to a mortgage, a letter from the lender granting permission to sub-let must be supplied at the commencement of the leasing agreement.
*Coventry City Council for Coventry properties. Warwick District Council for properties in Kenilworth and Leamington Spa.
Your tenants responsibilities
- Signing a Sub-Letting Agreement so they will be held jointly and severally responsible for payments
- Paying the monthly rent to us
- Collecting the keys to the property from us
- Paying gas, electricity, telephone and other service charges
- Paying council tax if required. Where a property is designated as a student residence and all tenants are registered students, no council tax is payable during the period of the student contract.