- A twin room is bigger than a single room and is shared between two students
- In the room, there will be two beds, two wardrobes, two desks, two chairs
- Living in a twin room is cheaper than living in a single room, so you can save money to spend on other things, like joining in with societies
- If you already have a friend you would like to share a twin room with then you can both mention this on your application and we will try and allocate you together
- If you are allocated to Sherbourne or Bluebell you will have the opportunity to live in some of our newest and most expensive accommodation on campus at a reduced cost
Halls with twin rooms
Student tips for sharing a twin room
- Try to have a tolerant and accepting attitude, otherwise sharing a room can become difficult
- Try to be flexible and willing to compromise
- Agree on some ground rules at the start. Consider how you want the room to work, with ground rules for issues such as night lights, having friends over, cleaning rota, private phone calls, and whose turn it is to buy the toilet roll if you share a bathroom and run out
“I met someone who went from being my roommate to being my friend”
“I think of what a great team we’ve made these past months”
“We only get to share the bathroom in between the two of us which is a great advantage giving the fact that the room overall is much cheaper than any other in the campus.”
“A simple “good night” would turn into endless stories with good laughs, emotional memories, and, in their essence, new memories I now cherish”
- Please be advised that some contracts start on a Sunday, but to ease comparison of the fees across halls, we have rounded up all the weekly let lengths to the nearest week and all the weekly rents to the nearest pound (£).
- All images used are for illustrative purposes only. Images are indicative of the quality and style of the specification and may not wholly represent the actual fittings and furnishings in a particular hall or room.
- The specifications of halls/rooms is correct at the date of publish but may be subject to change as necessary.
- During the year there will be building works across campus. This may affect some halls but every effort will be made to keep noise, disruption and inconvenience to a minimum.