The External Examiners Handbook is intended to be a single point of reference for External Examiners and Warwick staff. The handbook contains procedures and guidelines for the operation of the External Examiners’ system at the University of Warwick. The guidance is applicable to undergraduate and postgraduate taught provision, and also applies to External Examining arrangements relating to collaborative and/or partnership provision.
As part of their role, all external examiners are required to submit an annual report on a standard web-based pro forma. For information on completing and submitting a report online for undergraduate and/or postgraduate taught provision, please see our External Examiner Report Guidance.
Log in details and guidance are issued separately by the Examinations Office. For any queries relating to the submission of your annual report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examination regulations covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Senate examinations and degree conventions covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Regulations for first degrees (UG), Taught PG Courses (PGT) and PG Research degrees (PGR)
- Constitution of the Undergraduate Board of Examiners (UG)
- Constitution of Taught Postgraduate Board of Examiners (PGT)
- Appointment and duties of examiners for Postgraduate Research degrees (PGR)
The Education Policy and Quality homepage site details the University's quality assurance strategy and processes. The Graduate School carries much information about policies and processes for PGT and PGR courses.
- QAA Quality Code
- QAA UK Quality Code: Advice and Guidance - External Expertise
- QAA Subject Benchmarks
- HE Qualifications Framework
Information on visiting the University, including a map of campus, can be found here.
Covid-19 External Examiner communication:
The following communication has been sent on 21st April 2020 to all External Examiners for UG and PGT courses: