- Examination regulations covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Senate examinations and degree conventions covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Regulations for first degrees (UG), Taught PG Courses (PGT) and PG Research degrees (PGR)
- Constitution of the Undergraduate Board of Examiners (UG)
- Constitution of Taught Postgraduate Board of Examiners (PGT)
- Appointment and duties of examiners for Postgraduate Research degrees (PGR)
The Education Policy and Quality homepage site details the University's quality assurance strategy and processes. The Graduate School carries much information about policies and processes for PGT and PGR courses.
Please note that the University of Warwick is in the process of implementing an electronic system of managing the administration of the external examining of its taught courses. This will allow the University to maintain an up to date record of External Examiners' appointments and has already resulted in a facility for External Examiners to submit their reports online which allows Departments to view and comment on these reports and External Examiners to see the departmental replies.
As part of this process, External Examiners are asked to submit their reports electronically via the SITS: eVision system.
Log in details and guidance are issued separately by the Examinations Office. For any queries relating to the submission of your annual report, please contact email@example.com
- External Examiner's Independent Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion prior to viva |
- External and Internal Examiners' Joint Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion after viva |
Fees and Expenses Information
- Expenses Claim Form and Payment Date information for External Examiners (UG and Postgraduate Taught) can be found on the External Examiners Fees and Expenses page on the Examinations Office website.
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (PGR) should be completed via the following form.
Please note all relevant guidance on the External Examiners' system for taught provision at the University of Warwick has now been published in the External Examiners' Handbook (Taught Provision) since the 2017/18 examinations cycle, this document is intended to be a single point of reference for External Examiners and Warwick staff. Guidance for external examiners (PGR) has not been amended.
The nominations process for new external examiners is set out in the memo to HODs below:
Departments need to submit an external examiners' nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(The nominations process of new External Examiners via the new SITS workflow system is currently suspended until further notice. It is expected to be released during the academic year 2019/2020 and new nominations for external examiners are currently accepted via the word nomination form as published above. Therefore guidance below on how to use the workflow system will only become relevant once the system is released again.
- Guidance for departments on how to make a new nomination for an External Examiner using the SITS workflow system pdf
- Guidance for nominations panel to review and comment on a new External Examiners nomination using the SITS workflow system pdf
- Guidance for the Chair of the nominations panel to approve a new External Examiners nomination using the SITS workflow system pdf)
- Guidance for external examiners (taught provision) on making a report pdf
- Guidance for departments on how to respond to an external examiner’s report (taught provision) pdf
- Guidance for external examiners (PGR): see Part III of Guide to Examinations for Higher Degrees by Research
- External Examiner's (taught courses) university calendar
- Checklist for departments on inducting new external examiners
Information on visiting the University, including a map of campus, can be found here.
Covid-19 External Examiner communication:
The following communication has been sent on 21st April 2020 to all External Examiners for UG and PGT courses:
- QAA UK Quality Code Chapter B7 - External Examining
- QAA Subject Benchmarks (for UG courses and some PGT courses only)
- HE Qualifications Framework