- Examination regulations covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Senate examinations and degree conventions covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Regulations for first degrees (UG), Taught PG Courses (PGT) and PG Research degrees (PGR)
- Constitution of the Undergraduate Board of Examiners (UG)
- Constitution of Taught Postgraduate Board of Examiners (PGT)
- Appointment and duties of examiners for Postgraduate Research degrees (PGR)
The Teaching Quality homepage site details the University's quality assurance strategy and processes. The Graduate School carries much information about policies and processes for PGT and PGR courses.
Please note that the University of Warwick is in the process of implementing an electronic means of managing the administration of the external examining of its taught courses. This will allow the University to maintain an up to date record of External Examiner appointments and will incorporate the facility for External Examiners to submit their reports online, allow Departments to view and comment on these reports and External Examiners to see the departmental replies.
As part of this implementation process, External Examiners are asked to submit their reports electronically via the SITS: eVision system
Log in details and guidance will be issued separately. For any queries relating to the submission of your annual report, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Examiner's Independent Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion prior to viva |
- External and Internal Examiners' Joint Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion after viva |
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (UG) excel | pdf (see also the notes for completing the expenses form pdf)
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (PGT) excel | pdf (see also the notes for completing the expenses form pdf)
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (PGR) word
Please note all relevant guidance on the External Examiners' system for taught provision at the University of Warwick has now been published in the External Examiners' Handbook (Taught Provision) since the 2017/18 examinations cycle, this document is intended to be a single point of reference for External Examiners and Warwick staff. Guidance for external examiners (PGR) has not been amended.
The nominations process for new external examiners is set out in the memo to HODs below:
Departments need to submit an external examiners' nomination form to email@example.com:
(The nominations process of new External Examiners via the new SITS workflow system is currently suspended until further notice. It will be released in late autumn/winter 2018 and new nominations for external examiners are currently accepted via the word nomination form as published above. Therefore guidance below on how to use the workflow system will only become relevant once the system is released again.
Guidance for departments on how to make a new nomination for an External Examiner using the SITS workflow system pdf
- Guidance for nominations panel to review and comment on a new External Examiners nomination using the SITS workflow system pdf
- Guidance for the Chair of the nominations panel to approve a new External Examiners nomination using the SITS workflow system pdf)
- Guidance for external examiners (taught provision) on making a report pdf
- Guidance for departments on how to respond to an external examiner’s report (taught provision) pdf
- Guidance for external examiners (PGR): see Part III of Guide to Examinations for Higher Degrees by Research
- External Examiner's (taught courses) university calendar
- Checklist for departments on inducting new external examiners
Information on visiting the University, including a map of campus, can be found here.
- QAA UK Quality Code Chapter B7 - External Examining
- QAA Subject Benchmarks (for UG courses and some PGT courses only)
- HE Qualifications Framework