There are over seventy frequently asked questions here about Teaching Quality (TQ), divided into these sections:
Teaching quality in general
If you would like to suggest a new FAQ, please contact the TQ team.
Search our FAQs for:
- What is Warwick's strategy for teaching quality assurance and enhancement?
- Who is responsible for the quality and standards of Warwick's courses?
- What's new in teaching quality?
- What's new on the TQ website?
- Who can I talk to if my question isn't here or I need further advice?
- How do I set up a new course?
- How do I set up a new module?
- How do I change an existing course?
- How do I change an existing module?
- If I change an existing course or module do I need approval from any committee?
- What courses need a course spec?
- How long does it take for a new course or module to be approved?
- Do I need to complete a course specification for a Postgraduate Award?
- If a department wants to suspend a course for a year (one cohort), do they need to seek approval from any committees?
- How do we withdraw a course?
- What are core, optional core and optional modules?
- Is there a module catalogue?
- What's a credit?
- What's a CAT?
- Is there a rule about how many credits make up a degree?
- How much contact time equals how many credits?
- What are the implications of a student taking a combination of modules which leaves them with fewer than the required number of credits for their course?
- Where are the Senate Exam and Degree Conventions?
- What's the 50% rule?
- What's the University doing about computer-aided assessment (CAA)?
- How do we combine individual module marks into a final degree classification?
- What are the University's rules about plagiarism?
- Where can I find guidance on how to deal with a case of suspected plagiarism?
- What advice do we give students about good academic practice and conduct, and plagiarism?
- How quickly should assessed work be returned to students?
- For how long do we need to keep students' assessed work?
- What should a student do if they are ill and should be attending an exam/lecture or handing in work?
- What penalties do we impose for the late submission of assessed coursework?
- What is the University policy on double marking assessed work?
- Do we penalise over-long assignments?
- Where is the policy on remedying failure for PGT courses?
- How does the University know what students think about their courses?
- How do students take part in quality assurance and quality enhancement activities?
- Are there rules about how I should collect feedback from students on my modules?
- How can I collect feedback from my students?
- Do I always have to use a questionnaire to collect feedback?
- How do I set up a course where another organisation is involved in teaching or learning support?
- What collaborative courses does the University run?
- What other organisations does the University have collaborative courses with?
- What is a joint degree?
- What is the difference between a validated course and a franchised course?
- Is there a standard contract/agreement for collaborative courses?
- What must I do to secure University approval to submit a tender for a contract which will include a collaborative course?
- What money is available to support teaching enhancement projects?
- Where can I find Warwick's Learning & Teaching Strategy?
- Who can help me with my ideas for developing e-learning in my teaching?
- Where can I find Warwick's e-Learning Strategy?
- Where can I find guidance on Strategic Departmental Review and Periodic Review?
- When is my department next having a Strategic Departmental Review?
- What is the timeline for organising a Strategic Departmental Review?
- Who are the chairs and secretaries of these committees?
- I'm a new Faculty Board, BUGS or BGS secretary. What do I need to know about Teaching Quality (TQ)?
- Do I need a committee to approve introducing a placement learning opportunity into my course?
- What should the placement be called?
- Who will meet the Review team?
- When is the Institutional Review?
- What is the University doing to prepare for Institutional Review?
- How will the Review affect staff and students?
- What's the difference between APL, APEL and APCL?
- Is Warwick credit treated the same as credit from other universities in APCL decisions?
- How can I give a blanket exemption under the APL rules for a group of potential students who have all done the same prior learning?