- Module code: IB93F
- Module name: Research Methodology and Dissertation
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 60
Module content and teaching
The dissertation is designed to provide a broad range of opportunities for demonstrating knowledge and practising the skills gained on the taught modules of the course.
Principal learning outcomes
Subject knowledge/Key Skills: Build links between theory and practice; Test concepts and hypotheses. Cognitive Skills: Carry out analysis and critique; Use appropriate models for testing. Subject specific/Professional Skills: Carry out a research project and present the dissertation (a written report).
Timetabled teaching activities
Total contact hours 15 - 17 hours: Lectures/preparation of dissertation: 3 x 2 hours lecture series; Seminars / Computer based sessions: 4 x 2 hours. Tutorials – each student: Up to 3x1 hours. Module duration (weeks, if applicable): Sessions in terms 1, 2 and 3 and dissertation writing-up over summer. Other (please describe):e.g. distancelearning, intensive weekend teaching: Guided reading.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|60 CATS (Module code: IB93F-60)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Assessed Course Work||11.8%|
|Assessed Course Work||88.3%|
|Assessed Course Work||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Finance and Economics (LN1J) - Year 2
- MSc in Finance (Part-Time, Evening Study) (N302) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 3
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 4
- MSc in Finance (N300) - Year 2