- Module code: IB9Y9
- Module name: Financial Reporting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
To provide students with an introduction to financial reporting and financial statement analysis. To enable them to interpret financial statements in context and apply appropriate models and techniques for company valuation and related business issues. To enable them to gain an understanding of how accounting provides data for corporate finance analysis.
Principal learning outcomes
"Key Skills: Interpret financial statements through a structured approach to ratio analysis. Be aware of the impact of international financial reporting standards on financial statements and other issues that may impact on the interpretation of financial statements.Cognitive Skills: Critically assess the major issues affecting company forecasting and valuation; Understand the value-relevance of accounting information and its relationship with other company information.Practical Skills: Evaluate company performance from an assessment of financial statements and information from other sources; Implement company valuation models."
Timetabled teaching activities
Total contact hours: 30 hrs. Lectures (over duration of course): 10 x 2 hour lectures. Seminars (over duration of course): 10 x 1 hour seminars. Module duration (weeks, if applicable): 10 week.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: IB9Y9-15)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Assessed Course Work||20%|
|Assessed Course Work||80%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 3
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 4
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (N4N3) - Year 2
- MSc in Finance (N300) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Finance with Behavioural Science (N301) - Year 2