- Module code: ST912
- Module name: Statistical Frontiers
- Department: Statistics
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
This course will consist of 9 3 hour workshops. Each one will choose a particular Statistical Inference, give some background and give an overview of the state of the art in the area. Each workshop will have a unique lecturer who will be an expert in the research area.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to a) apply Bayesian Statistics to simple data sets, b) understand how to apply statistical tools in various applied problems, c) compare the potency of different statistical approaches.
Timetabled teaching activities
This course will consist of 9, 3 hour workshops.
Other essential notes
Please note that this module is not available to taught MSC Taught Statistics students.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: ST912-15)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Assessed Course Work||50%|
|Assessed Course Work||50%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Mathematics (G1P0) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PC) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Interdisciplinary Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PD) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Statistics (G4P1) - Year 2