- Module code: TH923
- Module name: Placement and Case Study
- Department: School of Theatre & Performance Studies and Cultural & Media Policy Studies
- Credit: 20
Module content and teaching
The module has the following objective:To gain practical experience in arts management through a placement with a cultural organisation; To explore the management practice of a cultural organisation, through a case-study conducted as part of the placement.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of this module, and with reference to one specific cultural organisation the students should be able to:Demonstrate an understanding of what the organisation is trying to achieve; Demonstrate an understanding of the difference between the organisation’s rhetoric and operational practice; Demonstrate knowledge of the organisation’s structure and an understanding of how this impacts on the way it operates and what it achieves; Demonstrate an understanding of how the organisation makes decisions and creates plans; Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the organisation’s artistic, financial and marketing policies.
Timetabled teaching activities
The module tutor will visit the host organisation to meet you and your supervisor and to discuss any issues arising.
Other essential notes
Centre for Cultural Policy Studies module
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|20 CATS (Module code: TH923-20)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Assessed Course Work||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Creative and Media Enterprises (W4P4) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Global Media and Communication (W4PG) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught International Cultural Policy and Management (W4PM) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Arts, Enterprise and Development (W4PQ) - Year 2