- Module code: CH403
- Module name: Synthetic Chemistry II (Metallo-organic)
- Department: Chemistry
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
To module is designed to develop student awareness of current problems and directions in the forefront of metallo-organic chemistry. Participants will have the opportunity to evaluate critically selected current research in this area. The module is designed to allow students to be original in the application of their knowledge to the solution of, research-based problems.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to: Understand and be aware of current research and problems in the areas of organometallic mechanisms, small molecule activation, catalysis, and the use organometallic chemistry in the synthesis of organic compounds; Use their knowledge to critically evaluate recent research work in any of the areas of study; To be able to disseminate that knowledge by the preparation of a CONCISE written report. Show originality in application of their knowledge to solving problems in the three areas of study.
Timetabled teaching activities
10 weeks, 20 contact hours ( 1 lecture and 1 bookable contact hour per week). 130 hours student centred learning.
Other essential notes
Pre-requisites: CH3F0, CH3F3.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: CH403-15)|
|D1 (Assessed/examined work)||Assessed Course Work||20%|
|Examination - April||80%|
|Assessed Course Work||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry Variants (F105) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry Variants (F106) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry (with Intercalated Year) (F107) - Year 5
- Undergraduate MChem Chemistry with Industrial Training (F108) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry Variants (F125) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry Variants (F126) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry(with Intercalated Year) (F127) - Year 5
- Undergraduate MChem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry with Industrial Training (F128) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Chemical Biology MChem with Intercalated Year (F1C1) - Year 5
- Postgraduate Taught Scientific Research and Communication (F1PE) - Year 2
- MChem Chemical Biology (FC11) - Year 4