- Module code: BS110
- Module name: Animal & Plant Biology
- Department: School of Life Sciences
- Credit: 12
Module content and teaching
The module will draw on the fields of zoology and botany to draw together our current understanding of animal and plant evolution, diversity and physiological activities.The module is intended to broaden student’s biological background and to support second year modules.
Principal learning outcomes
The overall objective for students is to acquire the ability to integrate organismal and molecular knowledge in a broad, evolutionary context, coupled with proficiency in presentation, and group communication.
Timetabled teaching activities
The course contains 25 lectures and a poster presentation session.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|12 CATS (Module code: BS110-12)|
|B (Examination only)||Examination - Main Summer Exam Period (weeks 4-9)||100%|
|locally Adminstered Exam||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Biological Sciences (C100) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Environmental Biology (C150) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Biological Sciences (MBio) (C1A1) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Biological Sciences with Industrial Placement (MBio) (C1A5) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Life Sciences and Global Sustainable Development (C1L8) - Year 1