- Module code: MA372
- Module name: Reading Module
- Department: Mathematics Institute
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
This scheme is designed to allow any student to offer for examination any reasonable piece of mathematics not covered by a lectured module, for example a 3rd year or M.Sc. module given at Warwick in a previous year. Any topic approved for one student will automatically be brought to the attention of other students in the year, who may then offer it provided that they can obtain a moderator.
Principal learning outcomes
The module aims: 1. to extend the range of mathematical subjects available for exam beyond those covered by the conventional lectured modules 2. to encourage the habit of independent study.
Timetabled teaching activities
A student offering this option will be expected to work largely on his or her own.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: MA372-15)|
|B (Examination only)||Examination - April||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Mathematics (BSc) (G100) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Mathematics with Intercalated Year (G101) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) (G103) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) (G103) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 5
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) with Study in Europe (G106) - Year 4
- Postgraduate Taught Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PC) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Interdisciplinary Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PD) - Year 2