- Module code: FI908
- Module name: Screen Cultures and Methods
- Department: Film and Television Studies
- Credit: 30
Module content and teaching
This core module aims to explore significant methodologies and conceptual frameworks which are central to the study of audio-visual media. The module will be divided into three sections: (I) textual analysis; (II) historiography, and (III) theoretical and conceptual paradigms.
Principal learning outcomes
The module provides a grounding in key concepts and methods, but will also encourage an advanced level of reflection on the key areas addressed.
Timetabled teaching activities
Lectures, seminars and screening.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|30 CATS (Module code: FI908-30)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Portfolio||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Film and Television Studies (W5P1) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Film and Television Studies (W5P1) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Film and Television Studies (For Research) (W5P3) - Year 1