- Module code: IB96F
- Module name: Information Systems Consultancy
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
1. To give students an insight into Business Systems Integration Strategy (BSISs) development in contemporary organisations; 2. To elicit the help of external companies in providing case study material and practical guidance on the concepts, tools and practices to develop high level Business Systems Integration Strategies; 3. To enable students to conceptualise and apply the concepts, tools and methods of Business Systems Integration.
Principal learning outcomes
Subject Knowledge and Understanding: Demonstrate knowledge of the main theories of Systems Integration (SI) Strategy (SIS); Recognise the strengths and limitations of current SI theories; Demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of the communities of practice in which SI operates and the role of systems within itCognitive Skills; Critically analyse academic theories to understand the key issues in Systems Integration Management; Analyse real business issues to propose potential business solutions as they relate to SIS design. Subject Specific/Professional Skills: Demonstrate an awareness of conducting research into SI subject area through reviewing academic papers and discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches; Demonstrate understanding of application of existing academic understanding to the communities of practice; Understand and experience working with real life/business issues. Key Skills: Demonstrate written communication skills; Demonstrate oral communication skills; Demonstrate problem-solving skills developed; Demonstrate an awareness of and proficiency in the use of the appropriate information technology used in the development of SIS; Understand cultural issues which will be considered through analysis of SI strategies identified in the academic literature; Demonstrate leadership, team-building and project management skills.
Timetabled teaching activities
"Total contact hours: 30 hours. Lectures per week: 15 hours. Seminars per week: 15 hours Module duration (weeks, if applicable): 5 weeks."
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: IB96F-15)|
|A2 (Assessed work only)||Individual Assignment 2,500 words||80%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- MSc in Information Systems and Management (G5N2) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Information Systems Management and Innovation (G5N3) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Information Systems Management and Innovation (G5N3) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (G5N4) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Big Data and Digital Futures (L990) - Year 1