- Module code: IB98Q
- Module name: Advanced Strategic Management
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
"This module will: Develop a detailed understanding of the sources of competitive advantage; Develop a distinctively strategic management approach to the understanding of strategic decisions and decision-making; Present ways of integrating theoretical and practical perspectives on strategy; Develop students’ critical and analytical skills through case study group work and presentations on strategic management issues."
Principal learning outcomes
Subject Knowledge: Identify and analyse the nature of strategic advantage; Identify and analyse strategic processes; Analyse and justify strategic decisions; Identify and analyse strategic issues confronting managers of the strategic process; Identify organizational context issues relating to the implementation of strategies.Cognitive Skills: Demonstrate the use of subject relevant analysis and analytic techniques; Demonstrate an ability to synthesise meaning from complex information; Analyse case studies and propose potential solutions to strategic management problems; Understand the practice of strategic management decision making. Subject specific/professional skills: Use and apply of key concepts and frameworks; Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge about analytical frameworks and their application to strategic management issues.Key Skills: Written skills via group work and preparation for the presentations; Oral skills via in-class discussion and group presentations; Problem solving skills via group and individual analysis of marketing related problems; Leadership team-building and project management skills via group work.
Timetabled teaching activities
Total contact hours: 27 hours; Lectures per week: 9 x 1.5 hours; Tutorial per week: 9 x 1.5 hours; Module duration (weeks, if applicable): one week.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: IB98Q-15)|
|A (Assessed work only)||3500 word essay||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- MSc in Marketing and Strategy (N500) - Year 1
- MSc in Marketing and Strategy (N500) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Business (Finance and Accounting) (N1A8) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Business (Organisation Science) (N1B2) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Business (Organisation Science) (N1B2) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Business Analytics and Consulting (N1N2) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Business Analytics and Consulting (N1N2) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Business Analytics (N1N3) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Business Analytics (N1N3) - Year 2