- Module code: IB9Y3
- Module name: Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Control
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
To provide students with an understanding of: (i) The separation of ownership and control; (ii) Agency problems; (iii) Corporate governance mechanisms with main focus on market for corporate control and shareholder protection across different countries; (iv) Mergers and acquisitions.
Principal learning outcomes
Key Skills: understand agency theory, statutory and self regulation issues; appreciate the importance of legal protection of shareholders and enforcement of law for firm value and financial market development. Cognitive Skills: appreciate the importance of ownership structure and market for corporate control; recognise the differences between international systems. Subject-specific and professional Skills: bring together a range of skills based on economic and management theories to evaluate risks and corporate responsibilities.
Timetabled teaching activities
Total contact hours: 30 hrs. Lectures (over duration of course): 10 x 2 hour lectures. Seminars (over duration of course): 10 x 1 hour seminars. Module duration (weeks, if applicable): 10 week.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: IB9Y3-15)|
|D1 (Assessed/examined work)||1st Group Assignment||20%|
|2nd Group Assignment||20%|
|1.5 hour examination (April)||60%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 3
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 4
- Postgraduate Taught Finance and Economics (LN1J) - Year 2
- MSc in Finance (N300) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Finance with Behavioural Science (N301) - Year 2
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (N4N3) - Year 2