- Module code: IB9Y7
- Module name: Corporate Finance
- Department: Warwick Business School
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
To provide students with an introduction to the principles of Corporate Finance. To illustrate how the basic tools and techniques of Modern Finance Theory can be applied to analyse and improve the investment and financing decisions of the firm.
Principal learning outcomes
Subject knowledge/Key Skills: Discuss the key issues involved in capital budgeting decisions in the presence of taxes, inflation etc.; Describe models of capital structure and payout policy in the presence of market imperfections (e.g. taxes).Cognitive Skills: Critically evaluate different techniques for appraising capital projects; Identify the optimum combination of debt and equity securities in a firm’s capital structure. Subject specific/Professional Skills: Evaluate investment opportunities using the Net Present Value method; Use discounted cash flow techniques to value bonds and equities.
Timetabled teaching activities
Total contact hours: 30 hrs. Lectures (over duration of course): 10 x 2 hour lectures. Seminars (over duration of course): 10 x 1 hour seminars. Module duration (weeks, if applicable): 10 week.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: IB9Y7-15)|
|D1 (Assessed/examined work)||Class Test 1||10%|
|Class Test 2||10%|
|2 hour examination (January)||80%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- MSc in Finance (N300) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Finance with Behavioural Science (N301) - Year 2
- MSc in Finance (Part-Time, Evening Study) (N302) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 3
- Postgraduate Behavioural Finance (N304) - Year 4