- Module code: BS942
- Module name: Project
- Department: School of Life Sciences
- Credit: 60
Module content and teaching
To provide the student with the opportunity to carry out either an original piece of extended literature based research, a lab-based project (arranged by the student) or a work-placement (where these are arranged by the student). To facilitate building and enhancing student’s skills in collating, interpreting and presenting data and information. The project topics will be such as to avoid presentation of straight forward literature reviews, there will be an inherently high expectation for discussion and critical evaluation of the topic. To provide opportunity for students to explore biotechnology, medical biotechnology or bioprocessing in a business or commercial context.
Principal learning outcomes
• To develop advanced knowledge of a selected aspect of a topic related to their degree. • To communicate contemporary practice and critically discuss relevant practice and achievements. Presentation of a reasoned argument or experimental plan is expected. • To collect and analyse data and use it to help solve biotechnology (medical and bioprocessing) and business problems.
Timetabled teaching activities
Individual based project work and supervision.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|60 CATS (Module code: BS942-60)|
|A1 (Assessed work only)||15,000 word dissertation||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Biotechnology, Bioprocessing and Business Management (C5N2) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Medical Biotechnology and Business Management (J7N2) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Medical Biotechnology and Business Management (J7N2) - Year 2