- Module code: MD951
- Module name: Bone Grafting and Augmentation
- Department: WMS, Dentistry
- Credit: 20
Module content and teaching
To understand the principles of bone augmentation.
Principal learning outcomes
"By the end of the module students should be able to: Understand the principles of bone healing and re-growth; Consider and select the most appropriate technique for bone repair; Carry out basic surgical procedures, including particulate and small block grafts; Understand the basic pharmacology for pain control, anxiety management and prevention of infection; Understand the legal and ethical principles underlying patient care; Be able to refer appropriately. "
Timetabled teaching activities
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|20 CATS (Module code: MD951-20)|
|A (Assessed work only)||4000 word assignment||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Oral Surgery (B9B5) - Year 1
- MSc in Implant Dentistry (B9XL) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry (B9XM) - Year 1