- Module code: TH980
- Module name: Culture and Social Innovation
- Department: School of Theatre & Performance Studies and Cultural & Media Policy Studies
- Credit: 20
Module content and teaching
◾To provide a level of practical application, whereby the students would work in an assigned team formation in response to a 'real world' problem related to International Development. ◾To utilise the theoretical knowledge accumulated on the masters course and explore ways of applying that knowledge. ◾To consider the relationship between knowledge, research and problem solving. ◾To engage in creative thinking, strategic planning and project management. ◾To develop professional skills in negotiating and navigating socially complex situations.
Principal learning outcomes
Experience of creative work in an international team. »An understanding of methods in strategic planning and practical problem solving. »An understanding of the role of policy discourse in artistic enterprise. »An overview of the challenges and professional competencies of development project management. »An understanding of cultural leadership. »Professional skills in negotiation and communication within a socially complex development situation.
Timetabled teaching activities
Seminars, Lectures and tutorials.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|20 CATS (Module code: TH980-20)|
|A1 (Assessed work only)||Group work Presentation||60%|
|1600 word Written Report||40%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Creative and Media Enterprises (W4P4) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Global Media and Communication (W4PG) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught International Cultural Policy and Management (W4PM) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Arts, Enterprise and Development (W4PQ) - Year 2