- Module code: ES946
- Module name: Automation and Robotics
- Department: Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Credit: 10
Module content and teaching
The importance of Automation & Robotics has increased rapidly as companies respond to competitive pressures by seeking the increased productivity and improving quality it offers. This course module explains the techniques and applications of Automation, with particular reference to the emerging field of Robotics. The module is taught by a wide range of experienced engineers and includes a day of hands on training on robots, vision systems, pheumatics and PLCs.
Principal learning outcomes
On completion, participants will be capable of: Understanding the operational efficiency benefits of automation and the techniques used to plan for and implement automation projects; Reviewing the current industrial practice and the latest technology available to automate the major manufacturing functions; Understanding the communications capabilities required for integration in manufacture; Appreciating the capabilities, limitations and future trends in robot systems in order to specify and plan robot installations; Knowing how products can be designed to facilitate Automatic Manufacture and Assembly.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|10 CATS (Module code: ES946-10)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Assessed work as specified by department||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Postgraduate Taught Manufacturing Systems Engineering & Management (H7Q0) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Manufacturing Systems Engineering & Management (H7Q1) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Manufacturing Systems Engineering & Management (Yildiz Technical University) (H7Q6) - Year 1
- Postgraduate Taught Manufacturing Systems Engineering & Management (China) (H7Q7) - Year 1