- Module code: CH3C8
- Module name: MChem Industrial Placement Project
- Department: Chemistry
- Credit: 90
Module content and teaching
A 9-12 month industrial placement will be arranged by students in consultation with and guided by academics who will provide as much assistance as possible. Students will be responsible for the financial arrangements made with the company. Module aims: development of interactive skills to gain professional experience in an industrial environment.
Principal learning outcomes
By the end of the module the student should be able to: Have a profound understanding of original research as carried out in industry; Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental scientific principles that underlie the project work; Communicate orally the results of original research; Have a professional attitude to research work.
Timetabled teaching activities
No formal teaching. Students have regular contact with the module leaders of the lecture module they study during their placement along with access to forums and distance learning materials (30 CATS). They will have regular contact through their placement coordinator meetings via skype, Moodle and/or equivalent media.
Other essential notes
Pre-requisites: CH222, CH2A5
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|90 CATS (Module code: CH3C8-90)|
|A (Assessed work only)||Industrial Supervisor Assessment||20%|
|5000 word assignment||30%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate MChem Chemistry with Industrial Training (F108) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry (with Industrial Placement) (F110) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry Variants (F110) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Master of Chemistry (with Industrial Placement) (F112) - Year 3
- Undergraduate MChem Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry with Industrial Training (F128) - Year 3