- Module code: CS255
- Module name: Artificial Intelligence
- Department: Computer Science
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
This module will introduce the foundational concepts in artificial intelligence and knowledge based systems.
Principal learning outcomes
After completing CS255 Artificial Intelligence, a student should be able to: develop an appreciation for Knowledge Based Systems, Intelligent Agents and their architectures; understand a wide variety of knowledge representation and artificial intelligence approaches to planning; understand various methods for search (uninformed and informed) and planning; understand various methods for representing and reasoning under uncertainty.
Timetabled teaching activities
Term 2. 30 one-hour lectures plus 8 one-hour seminars.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: CS255-15)|
|D1 (Assessed/examined work)||Coursework||40%|
|2 hour examination (Summer)||60%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Data Science (G302) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Computer Systems Engineering (G406) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Computer Systems Engineering (G408) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Discrete Mathematics (G4G1) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Discrete Mathematics (G4G3) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Computer Science (G500) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Computer Science MEng (G503) - Year 2
- Undergraduate Computer and Management Sciences (G5N1) - Year 2