- Module code: EQ302
- Module name: 21st Century Educational Innovation
- Department: Centre for Education Studies
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
1. To critically explore the relationship between culture and education 2. To examine examples of educational innovation within a range of cultural and international contexts. 3. To explore and problematise the concept of innovation within an educational context. 4. To investigate and analyse the inequalities produced through alternative models of education. 5. To explore the possibilities of/for education in the future. 6. To examine the role of pedagogic relations in contrasting educational systems.
Principal learning outcomes
1. To understand the relationship between culture and education. 2. To comprehend and articulate examples of educational innovation from a range of cultural and international contexts. 3. To be able to challenge and problematise educational innovation within a range of contexts. 4. To understand and articulate the difference between equity and inequality in education. 5. To apply knowledge gathered during the course to create possible alternative models of education 6.To be able to articulate and challenge different models of pedagogic relations.
Timetabled teaching activities
The module will consist of 3 hour long weekly sessions that will usually take the format of starting with a one hour lecture followed by a two hour seminar.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: EQ302-15)|
|B (Examination only)||3 hour examination (summer)||100%|
|VA (Visiting students only)||100% assessed (visiting exchange students)||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Education Studies (X35B) - Year 3