- Module code: GE102
- Module name: Modern German Language (International Business) I
- Department: German Studies
- Credit: 24
Module content and teaching
To develop translation, grammar and speaking skills in German, and in doing so broaden students' vocabulary and range of idiom, expression and awareness of various stylistic registers.
Principal learning outcomes
This class prepares students for the translation, grammar and oral elements in the end-of-year language examination papers.
Timetabled teaching activities
Over the year you will have three sessions in German language per week. These consist of (a) a weekly Translation Class covering translation from and into German, and (b) a small language class working on Grammar. You will also have (c) one weekly Conversation class taught by our native-speaker LektorInnen.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|24 CATS (Module code: GE102-24)|
|B (Examination only)||1.5 hour examination (Translation)||33%|
|1.5 hour examination (Comprehension and Composition)||34%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate International Business with German (N1R2) - Year 1
- Undergraduate International Business (N140) - Year 1
- Undergraduate International Business with Spanish (N1R4) - Year 1