- Module code: LA404
- Module name: Dissertation on Approved Joint Topic
- Department: Law School
- Credit: 30
Module content and teaching
The School has the power to approve a full-module dissertation.
Principal learning outcomes
The idea is to permit students individually to follow up a particular research interest, building on modules already taken or bridging the other final year modules, under the individual supervision of a member of staff.
Timetabled teaching activities
The supervisor shall be available to give the student the equivalent of five hours supervision.
Other essential notes
This module is only available to 4th Year BA Law/Sociology students who have achieved 2(i) marks in all of their 3rd Year modules. Acceptance for this module will be confirmed after the Second Year Examination Board has met.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|30 CATS (Module code: LA404-30)|
|A (Assessed work only)||12,000 word dissertation||100%|
|VA (Visiting students only)||100% assessed (part year) visiting||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Law and Sociology (ML33) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Law and Sociology (ML33) - Year 4
- BA in Law and Sociology (Qualifying Degree) (ML34) - Year 3
- BA in Law and Sociology (Qualifying Degree) (ML34) - Year 4
- BA in Law and Sociology (Qualifying Degree) (with Intercalated year) (ML35) - Year 5