- Module code: MA472
- Module name: Reading Course
- Department: Mathematics Institute
- Credit: 15
Module content and teaching
The aims of this option are (a) to extend the range of mathematical subjects available for examination beyond those covered by the conventional lecture modules, and (b) to encourage the habit of independent study. In the following outline regulations, the term ``book'' includes such items as published lecture notes, one or more articles from mathematical journals, etc.
Principal learning outcomes
This scheme is designed to allow any student to offer for exam any reasonable piece of mathematics not covered by the lecture modules, for example a 4th year or M.Sc. module given at Warwick in a previous year. Any topic approved for one student will automatically be brought to the attention of the other students in the year.
Timetabled teaching activities
Note that a student offering this option will be expected to work largely on his or her own.
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|15 CATS (Module code: MA472-15)|
|B (Examination only)||3 hour examination (April)||100%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) (G103) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) (G103) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 3
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 4
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics (with Intercalated Year) (G105) - Year 5
- Undergraduate Mathematics (MMath) with Study in Europe (G106) - Year 4
- Postgraduate Taught Mathematics (G1P0) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PC) - Year 2
- Postgraduate Taught Interdisciplinary Mathematics (Diploma plus MSc) (G1PD) - Year 2