- Module code: ST116
- Module name: Mathematical Techniques
- Department: Statistics
- Credit: 12
Module content and teaching
Students will develop a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and relations using problem solving techniques such as visualisation and exploration of patterns. By learning to express mathematical ideas clearly and precisely students will further deepen their understanding and enhance their mathematical reasoning and communication skills.
Principal learning outcomes
At the end of the module students will be able to understand, construct, visualize and present a coherent, mathematical argument.
Timetabled teaching activities
20% coursework and 80% exam held at the end of the Autumn Term (Week 10).
|Assessment group||Assessment name||Percentage|
|12 CATS (Module code: ST116-12)|
|D (Assessed/examined work)||Coursework||20%|
|2 hour examination (December)||80%|
This module is available on the following courses:
- Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics (BSc MMathStat) (G1G3) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Master of Mathematics,Operational Research,Statistics and Economics (G300) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Data Science (G302) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics (BSc) (GG14) - Year 1
- Undergraduate Mathematics,Operational Research,Statistics and Economics (Y602) - Year 1