We are seeking to appoint an Admissions Officer who formulates our Department’s recruitment and admissions activities, alongside 3 further colleagues. You should have highly developed communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. An understanding of university student recruitment and admissions processes would be an advantage.
Person specification requirements
Essential: Educated to first degree level
Essential: Experience of working in a high volume data processing, customer service environment. Desirable: Admissions experience within Higher Education
Skills and Abilities:
Essential: Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office applications and knowledge of using databases
Desirable: Knowledge of the SITS student information system
Further Personal Attributes and Aptitudes:
- A tactful and diplomatic approach to work, particularly with regards to assisting potential students with any application queries.
- Strength in written communication
- Experience of interpreting numerical data and presenting this in clear, consistent formats.
- Ability to learn and adhere to procedures, and to observe and follow regulations
- Ability to prioritise work appropriately
- The capacity to work as part of a wider team unit, whilst also being confident as an individual