Turn comments to reveal the areas picked up and advice given by an expert CV advisor. Click on any of the higlighted areas to reveal expert advice.
Assistant Director – Education Centre
The role of Assistant Director is varied, challenging and rewarding; offering you the chance to gain business experience, while working in a fun environment to benefit children. No day is ever the same and you will never find yourself short of a challenge!
You will be in a team of three managers launching a new centre or running an established centre. The key to the success of each centre is down to the three managers: the Centre Director and two Assistant Directors.
The full time team are graduates from leading universities, with a variety of degree disciplines including some qualified teachers, all sharing a passion for education and the desire to help children reach their full potential.
Their objectives are to manage and promote centres that help children:
- build core skills in maths & English
- gain confidence
- enjoy learning.
The Assistant Director role has many different elements, providing you with a lot of variety in your day. In addition to being hands on tutoring the children, you will gain broad business experience, learning to promote, market and sell a new concept in education; how to operate a business unit, and be responsible for a team of tutors as part of the Management team.
Skills and Competencies required
We are looking for exceptional graduates with:
- Preferably a 2:1 or above in any degree discipline. If you have a 2:2 your application will still be considered providing you have strong experience in all other areas.
- Grade B or above in maths and English GCSE (or equivalent).
- Experience of working with children aged 5-14 years old in any capacity, although this must be outside of your own family members, within the last 5 years.
- You do not need to have completed a PGCE although if you have your experience will be invaluable.
- You MUST be eligible to work in the UK without requiring a work permit.
As an Assistant Director you must be:
- Highly motivated with a bright, enthusiastic personality.
- Confident and enthusiastic to promote our organisation at any opportunity.
- Professional, articulate and persuasive.
- Willing and able to take responsibility for the success of your centre.
- Passionate about helping children achieve their potential and able to build a strong rapport.
- Able to demonstrate confidence when interacting with children.
- Ambitious to enhance your professional development and become a Centre Director.