This CV secured a first year BSc Economics student offers from UBS, Barclays Capital, Merrill Lynch and HSBC for their 2012 Spring Week programmes. Before you prepare your CV for similar programmes, you should check information at these banks’ ‘Spring Week’ web pages and make a list of the key skills and qualities they are looking for. Please note, investment banks typically only accept one page CVs.
Turn comments to reveal the areas picked up and advice given by an expert CV advisor. Click on any of the higlighted areas to reveal expert advice.
e-mail: email@example.com | mobile phone: 0987 674 3210
|2011-present||University of Warwick, BSc Economics, Coventry, UK; Optional 1st year modules:
Foundations of Finance (Warwick Business School), Maths Analysis for Economists .
|2007 – 2010||World School nr 1536, International Baccalaureate programme, Cracow, Poland
Overall score of 43 out of 45 maximum possible points:
Higher level subjects: Mathematics – 7, Economics – 7, English – 7.
Standard level subjects: Geography – 7, Physics – 6, Polish – 6.
|15.04 – 20.04.2012||Barclays Front Office Spring Week (www.barcap.com)
|25.03 – 30.03.2012||UBS Insights Spring Week (www.ubs.com)
|17.08 – 27.09.2011
01.04 – 10.05.2011
|Private Akademia, Cracow, Poland
|16.01 – 13.03.2011
28.06 – 11.07.2010
|Volunteering Project, Thailand
|19.01 – 31.01.2009||Civic Development Foundation, Cracow, Poland
|09.06 – 21.06.2008||Pictet Private Bank., Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Extracurricular activities & positions of responsibility
- Vice-President of AIESEC Warwick society, where I am responsible for external relations such as campus events and relations with sponsors. For instance, in February 2012 I organised with my team the Leadership Development Summit, which was attended by over 150 Warwick students.
- Established the Economic Debate Club in my high school, through which we invited distinguished guest speakers to discuss contemporary economic and political issues.
- Elected 4 times to the executive committee of the school council in middle and high schools and held the position of its president for 2 years, which enabled me to lead the school government.
Interests & achievements
- Warwick Skills Portfolio Award
Since October 2011 I have attended numerous workshops to improve my academic and professional skills and I will be awarded the Skills Portfolio Award in May 2012.
- Travelling and foreign cultures
I spent 7 months in Asia and Australia during my gap year in 2010/2011.
- Human Development
While studying for the IB programme I wrote Extended Essay about the Human Development Index, which included 3 weeks of quantitative and qualitative research in a small underdeveloped village in India.
While in middle and high schools, I co-organised 6 yearly successful fund-raising events such as concerts and auctions, which raised about £4000 each year.
We don't believe that any CV is perfect but one very like this has worked for our students. Remember this CV is based on a real CV, but details in this example have been anonomised. Information such as name, organisations mentioned, and projects that would identify an individual may have been changed.