Neal is a Master's Graduate specialising in Creative Media, seeking a relevant job in Advertising. Notice how in his CV he has captured many of the key skills required for this sector, including building effective relationships with clients and the Press, organising events, and pitching innovative ideas.
Turn comments to reveal the areas picked up and advice given by an expert CV advisor. Click on any of the higlighted areas to reveal expert advice.
56 University Street, Coventry, CV4 7ZX, United Kingdom
Mobile phone: XXXXXXXX793; Email: email@example.com
- Managed TV ads tag-on creation and adaptation along with creation of billboard concepts for the Moldovan, Azerbaijani, Byelorussian, Armenian and Georgian market. Product: chewing gum Dirol. Client: Kraft Foods Russia.
- Successfully organised 1 PR event with 80 participants for UNICEF: booked the venue, liaised the catering companies, managed the distribution of the invitations, registered the press representatives.
- Developed the mechanics of 3 BTL campaigns and the concept of Jacobs Street Café project as the second account manager on Jacobs Monarch, Jacobs 3in1 and Carte Noire. Client: Kraft Foods Ukraine.
- Assisted the press conference and PR event for the news-paper launch “Adevarul Moldova” by ensuring invitations delivery and guests meeting.
- Developed the concept of the summer-winter promo campaign for the touristic company Voiaj International.
- Successfully managed the adaptation of a Russian creative concept for prints and TV ads for washing machines and fridges to the local market. Client: ATLANT.
- Recruited, instructed and monitored the follow up projects of 30 high school students for a 10 day study visit “Meet Europe in Denmark”.
- Supervised and co-coordinated evening activities for the students during the 10 day study visit in Denmark.
- Organised the press conference of the study visit which included contacting the press, high school deans and high school student unions’ representatives.
- Developed the project evaluation tool of the organisation and ensured its implementation in committees.
- Formed the project management guide of the organisation and implemented it within the local committees.
- Planned and coordinated two national conferences in project management for 40 and 52 participants.
- Monitored 7 projects in local committees and coached/mentored 7 local projects coordinators.
Training and Project Management Responsibilities
- Designed and delivered 10 sessions for youth based projects in educating high school students how to decide which career path they want to follow and how to present themselves in an interview (Projects: UpGreat, Next Step).
- Designed and delivered over 20 sessions on public speaking skills, leadership and project management (Conferences: International Train the Trainers, Hamburg Leadership Seminar in Germany, New Horizons in Ukraine, Home Country Project Advising Conference in Turkey).
- Coordinated a team of 8 trainers in the project “Leadership for Every Child” which aimed to encourage 30 children from Cahul Orphanage to find the leader inside of them.
- Formed the idea and coordinated the project “Speak up” which delivered public speaking trainings for students in their 1st year of undergraduate studies.
- Coordinated the Recruitment campaign in AIESEC, resulting in 300 applications and 40 recruited members.
- Designed the agenda and managed a conference for 15 people in Ukraine as the OSI Project Advisor.
- Monitored and evaluated 4 projects of Undergraduate Exchange Program fellows as the OSI Project Advisor.
MA in Creative and Media Enterprises,
University of Warwick, Open Society Institute London Scholar
Dissertation: Creatives in ad agencies: “An exploratory study of the decision making process of creatives in the Balkans to work for advertising agencies”
Relevant Modules: Creativity from Myth to Management, Management of Intellectual Property, Creative Business Project: media and audience research, Brands and Meanings, Creativity and Organisation
University of Montana, USA, Open Society Institute New York Scholar
BA in International Economic Relations,
The Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova
Dissertation: “Branding and its role in increasing the competitiveness of companies on local and global level”
- Nominated for best student award out of 300 participants at World Business Dialogue, Germany (2010)
- Council of Europe award in creative photography for the topic “human rights in photography”.
- The most creative AIESEC member (AIESEC in Moldova); Developing others award (AIESEC in Moldova).
- Graduated with a GPA of 9.38 out of 10.00 at the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, and with a GPA of 3.89 out of 4.00 at the University of Montana for an exchange year (2008-2009).
- Awarded a full scholarship by the Open Society Institute New York for a 1 year undergraduate study at University of Montana, USA.
- Awarded a full scholarship by the Open Society Foundation/University of Warwick for a 1 year MA course at University of Warwick.
- OSF Summer School on research and academic writing, graduated with a Distinction out of 70 students (2011).
IT and language skills
Languages: Romanian - Native, English - Fluent, Russian - Fluent, Good understanding of Spanish
PC user: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Internet user
Interests: 5 years of costume design and painting; Photography; Dance; Film; Travel; Swimming;
We don't believe that any CV is perfect but one very like this has worked for our students. Remember this CV is based on a real CV, but details in this example have been anonomised. Information such as name, organisations mentioned, and projects that would identify an individual may have been changed.