With a proven track record across Private, Public and Voluntary sectors. A wealth of knowledge, experience and transferable skills in marketing, public health, recruitment and selection procedures. A common strand that clearly runs throughout my career path is a passion for providing effective advice and support for people to make their own informed, positive choices regarding their health, wellbeing, education and careers.
Experienced in developing and facilitating group work training. Supporting individuals on a one to one basis, using evidence based counselling, advice, guidance, teaching, mentoring and coaching methods.
Alumna of The University of Warwick – gained a BA Health and Social Policy as a mature student in 2005.
My career path summary: Employed for nine years in Human Resources capacity at Jaguar Cars Ltd (now JLR). I changed direction to become a Project Worker for Terrence Higgins Trust raising awareness around HIV/AIDS and teenage pregnancy amongst young people in Coventry and Warwickshire. Moved on and trained to become a Connexions Personal Adviser with CSWP Quality Careers Service. In 2002, I progressed to become Health Improvement Specialist based in Public Health at NHS Warwickshire.
More recently, in 2013, I began working in Higher Education, joined the University of Warwick as Student Recruitment and Marketing Officer for Sociology Department.
Currently, I am a Job Search Adviser in Student Careers and Skills Department at The University of Warwick.
- Provide support for Warwick Alumni, Postgraduate and Undergraduate students to pursue their own informed career choices, specifically by exploring how to prepare, apply and succeed in the recruitment and selection process.
- Develop and facilitate group work training sessions including; Networking for Careers Success, Effective Applications, Warwick E-mentoring, Researching Employers, Practise Strengths interviews.
- Ensure that Home/EU and International students are equipped with tools and strategies to enable them to compete effectively within the global jobs market.
- Ensure students develop strong, effective applications.
- Advise on researching jobs, researching employers and improving commercial/sector awareness
- Appraise applications, C.V.s and cover letters, offer feedback on a one to one basis and through online E-guidance.
- Coach students in preparation for interviews, presentations and assessment centres.