I started working at Warwick in August 2015 as Senior Careers Consultant. Prior to this I have gained four years’ experience working as a Careers Consultant within higher education primarily linking to Science and Technology.
Although I linked to the STEM areas in previous roles, my undergraduate degree is in American Studies which I completed in 2004. After graduating I worked for eight years at HSBC covering a wide variety of roles and made the decision to leave to pursue a PGDip in Careers Guidance at Coventry University in 2011.
Since starting at Warwick I have been the link Senior Careers Consultant to Sociology, Professional Education, CLL, WBS and Education studies. I am currently on secondment as Employer Services Manager here in Student Careers and Skills a role I do for four days per week whilst retaining one day per week as Senior Careers Consultant linking to the Centre for Education Studies.
- I line manage a team of seven people in Employer Connect, ensuring delivery of core activities including 7 careers fairs, 18 sector events, employer led skills programmes and membership to Warwick Recruiters Club.
- Manage a non-pay budget of c.£80K and to generate an income, controlling costs and setting targets for the team accordingly
- I work closely with the rest of the External Relations team to develop new services especially online and relating to the functionality available within our new IT system, myAdvantage, working with other colleagues in Student Careers and Skills to ensure products and services are enhancing the student experience at Warwick, and meeting student/graduate needs.
- I work with the Head of External Relations, to agree the criteria on which we pursue quality relationships with a range of occupational sectors.
- I am currently developing an employer marketing strategy to enable better marketing of employer events to students.