I have worked in the Student Careers & Skills Operations & Information team since July 2011.
Before joining Warwick I worked in the Information and Library sector. I then transitioned into web editing and development, working on projects for departments including Student Careers & Skills, the Library's Research Exchange & PG Hub, History, Engineering, Learning & Development and the Warwick Business School.
Whilst working as a web editor/developer I was offered the part-time IT Officer role in Student Careers & Skills. In that role I assisted the IT Manager with IT support for the Centre including the creation of a YouTube channel and the production of short form video content.
In my current role as a Learning & Digital Content Officer I manage the Student Careers & Skills YouTube channel by planning, filming and editing instructional, information and promotional videos. I develop digital content for the Centre's social media channels and act as an instructional designer for courses in the learning platform Moodle.
- Proactively manage a production schedule for digital content including:
- setting priorities and agreeing timescales
- sourcing, filming and producing digital content
- managing the Centre’s YouTube channel
- Generate content for the Centre’s social media platforms, including liaising with colleagues across the Centre, researching developments in the sector, authoring and commissioning content.
- Work with Centre staff to develop content for the learning platform Moodle.
- Support development of the Centre's websites.
- And provide general IT support for the Centre, including technical support for the Centre’s applications and websites; support for extracting data; and troubleshooting IT issues for Centre staff.